Sunday, August 14, 2011

Coolest Milk Tooth

A child patient was complaining of toothache pointing on the area of her upper right temporary first molar.  I did a dental examination and was found out that the area she was pointing shows a locally swollen gingiva (gums) surrounding a mobile, non carious tooth. I decided to extract it and was expecting an easy extraction because in the first place that was just a temporary tooth. During the procedure, I was surprised that the tooth was so difficult to remove,it's already mobile but there's something holding it, I suppose that was the permanent premolar succeeding it. I was so careful because thinking that I might destroy the succeeding permanent tooth below it. That was few minutes already, I'm sweating, my right hand holding a pedo forcep is hurt (expecting calluses again...). "What's wrong with this tooth," I said. After few minutes of trying, I got it! Over flaring roots anchored tightly on it's area. That was the strongest, coolest milk tooth I ever had. Hahahaha! 

Upper Right Temporary First Molar



The roots look like a King's crown, beautifully shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment